Dune Paddle Crossing is a 12’’ Prone Paddleboard crossing between Lacanau and Dune du Pilat. A 47 km oceanic marathon… The event is organised by our ambassador Pierre Lopez and will take place for the very first time on July 6th 2019.
As with any marine event, the Dune Paddle Crossing is weather dependent and will only take place if the conditions are favorable. The waiting period is from Friday July 5th to Sunday July 7th 2019. Participants will be given the green light by July 5th. Proposed schedule :
- Friday July 5th, 20:00: Briefing at the First-Aid station on Lacanau-Ocean beach. Attendance is mandatory for all participants.
- Saturday July 6th, 11:00: The crossing departs from in front of the First-Aid station on Lacanau-Ocean beach.
- 18:00: Arrival at the foot of Dune du Pilat, just below La Co(o)rniche restaurant.
- 20:00: Sunset meal on the beach
Participation fee: 200€
The fee includes:
- Security fees (boat and jet ski)
- Meal on arrival (oysters, wine, and other regional delicacies)
- Return (including the equipment), from Dune du Pilat to the departure point at Lacanau-Ocean beach
The number of participants will be limited to 20 paddlers. The Dune Paddle Crossing is not a race, it’s an adventure to be shared by a group of experienced people paddling together. For these reasons, after reviewing the applications, a homogeneous group of paddlers will be selected. The event is only open to 12” Prone Paddleboarders.
Please consult DPC Crossing Notice – DPC Paddle Crossing 2019 before submitting your application.
Send your aplication to Pierre LOPEZ before 31 March 2019 at email@example.com !